SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faleash

Verifying counter overhang

faleash
15 years ago

Help me clarify, please... Standard counter depth is standard at 25 and a half, correct? If my cabinet boxes are 24 deep and the door/drawer fronts add .75, then that only leaves a .75 overhang?? Is that right. Somewhere in my brain I have that the OH should be 1.5. I'm doing large format concrete tiles for my perimeter counters. The tiles are "made for countertops" meaning they offer matching v-cap pieces for the edge that added to the tile bring the depth to the standard 25.5. I have an L shape here. One wall includes the fridge, so I was bringing this strip of counters out 2 inches to make the fridge appear not to stick out as much. To do this, we need to add two inch tile strips at the back of the big tiles. The other wall of the L has the sink and DW. This one I was planning to keep 25.5. I chose these tiles because they have the look I want (concrete) without risk of cracking or patina AND are a ton less $$ than slab concrete. But I want to minimize grout too and like the look of just the one tile and v-cap. I'm worried that's not enough OH and water from sink and DW will always run down my cabinet fronts. My island w/b granite slab so I can do whatever with OH. My current counters have only this .75 OH, but I want to verify this is correct and/or recommended. Thanks!

Comments (2)