SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cmc_in_sf

Please help me shop for plumbing accessories

cmc_in_sf
15 years ago

Okay, so I feel completely clueless, so please forgive my silly questions. I'm trying to shop for a bathtub drain/overflow kit and trim and also a pair of sink drains for our master bath. The faucets I bought are all Danze Oil Rubbed Bronze and so I want to match ORB finish for the drains. I'm doing this online, and I'm completely confused.

First the drain overflow kit: I would like to get a brass assembly. Most of the kits I've seen are w/ chrome trims or they cost 3 to 4 times as much for the ORB finish. Can I purchase one w/ the chrome trim and purchase a ORB trim kit? I guess I'm wondering if trim kits fit universally with the drain overflow kits. Such as a Moen drain/overflow with a Danze trim kit?

Now for the sink drains: I just purchase 2 sinks with hole that are 1-3/4" in diam. These are my first sink purchases so, I'm not sure if that's a standard size. I'm looking to purchase 2 Danze drains online. The description says, "1-1/4" all brass pop-up drain assembly with lift rod". (1) Will this size fit my sink and (2)what do they mean by lift rod? Is that the same as the lift rod that is part of the faucet or is this something that attaches to the one on the faucet? From the picture, it look like something that is the same as the one on the faucet, but I can't imagine that there would be a separate one when it's already part of my faucets.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Chris

Comments (10)