SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bmh4796

sofa in front of stair case great room??

bridget helm
11 years ago

Hi. I am redecorating a guest/party house that has a staircase right smack dab in the middle of the entire room. It's my mother in law's guest house that has been used over the past 2 decades by her children that weren't quite ready to leave the nest. They are all out now, so she's ready to renovate a little and redecorate. She wants to have a closet built beneath the staircase. How should I arrange the furniture? Here's a pic of the house now. Please note that EVERYTHING is being taken out - starting with the TV that is literally IN the fireplace! We are getting new rugs, furniture, appliances, backsplashes, and accessories. She wants to go with a blue and white theme and throw in a little yellow for a pop of color.

Anyway, there will be a wall beneath the stairs now to create an enclosed closet. Will putting a sofa in front of that wall look funny? Would 2 matching chairs look better? A bench?

I will post what's opposite in the next post. i don't know how to post 2 pics in the same post.

Comments (10)