SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harriethomeowner_gw

Weird cat experience

harriethomeowner
16 years ago

I have a friend who has five cats, one of which has partial kidney failure, so she gets sub-q fluids every other day. Friend and her DH went on vacation this week, so I offered to come over and give the cat fluids while they are away. This cat is very skittish and moody and not really friendly, though sometimes she'll let you pet her and she'll purr. Friend said if we were able to do it, okay, but if not, she thought the cat would be okay. The cat is doing very well, looks beautiful, and eats the special diet happily.

So DH and I met the cat sitter there this afternoon, and THREE adult humans could not do a thing with this tiny, elderly cat. The sitter carried her into the kitchen and the cat set up this horrible howling, squirmed and hissed, and ran off. My DH tried to get her, and she attacked him and scratched up his hand and then went to hide under a piece of furniture. At that point, we gave up. It obviously was traumatic for the cat to be handled by anyone other than her person, even though we were all being very gentle and quiet.

I've never seen anything like it. Wow.

Comments (3)