SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

How much can a kitten EAT....

rjinga
16 years ago

this new little guy of ours (a stray we found about a month ago) Is always hungry...and he's had all his tests no worms or parasites etc. He can literally eat all day long...

It's been awhile since I've had a kitten around (his new sister is 8 years old and she was once a throw away cat too, that I found at a park and took home)

Anyway, he wakes up on que at 6:45 am...and digs in immediately into the dry food dish...then he meanders into the kitchen and screams for milk...then he begs for canned cat food (I've been giving him canned baby food instead, I'm not sure the canned cat food is all that great for them...I heard it called kitty cocaine from a vet once....anyway all this eating is all before 8am) he chows off and on through the day, and begs for any food we are eating, breakfast, lunch and dinner and anything in between.....

Before bed, he will take another sip of milk if given the chance....and more dry food....

He's on fast forward (typical kitty stuff) or he's sleeping...there's really no inbetween for him....so can I safely say he's just a growing boy? and not worry?

My adult cat has always been somewhat petite and she eats very little (even though she has a bowl full of food all the time) she's not a big eater.

At his last vet visit for his second round of shots etc. he had gained a pound....

Any thoughts?

This pic was probably after a mid day buffet ;) look at that fat little tummy

Comments (14)