SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muscat_gw

Noisy pipes.....newly remodeled bath...Help???

muscat
14 years ago

I'm cross posting this in bathrooms, too.

We're about 90% done with a bathroom remodel. It was mostly a cosmetic job, with the only significant structural change being that the vanity went from one to two sinks. The sinks got plumbed yesterday, and I was horrified this morning to discover how NOISY the water is on the other side of the wall......right where our bed is. It was never a problem before, so I assume it is related to the extra 90 degree turns associated with going from one sink to two. It may also be associated with more rapid water flow, since the old pipes were apparently pretty full of black crud that my contractor cleaned out. (The previous sink always plugged up and flowed slowly).

So, as happy as I am with the new bathroom, right now it is impossible for one of us to sleep while the other is running water in there. This does not seem reasonable, but I do not have the plumbing experience to know if it can be fixed, or if it is just not fixable, or too late without tearing everything apart. (Or going in from the other side in the bedroom?)I really have had great experiences with this guy (and he's not been paid yet) but I'm looking for reassurance that it can be fixed, or that it can't so that when I bring it up, I'm prepared.

Here are some photos that may help......

{{gwi:1444568}}

{{gwi:1444569}}

{{gwi:1444570}}

{{gwi:1444571}}

Thank you!!!!

Comments (10)