SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sid_79_gw

p-trap does not reach

sid_79
16 years ago

I had a relative plumber help me change the plumbing in a gutted bathroom to accomodate a double bowl vanity instead of a single bowl. The problem was on one of the bowls we could not put the rough in drain opening in the approximate center of the bowl (at least without a lot more demo and new plumbing/electrical), it is offset by 4 or 5 inches.

He had assured me that the p-trap should still reach by rotating the U part so it pointed to the center of the vanity rather than the back of the vanity. Well the problem with this is the offset is larger than the distance between the two ends of the U part of the p-trap, so I can not get the p trap to connect the drain tail piece to the wall drain opening. I can make it work by gluing in a couple different elbows before I glue in the "trap adapter". I tested this out by dry-fitting the PVC fittings. It looks pretty unprofessional to have a couple of pvc elbows between the wall and the p-trap under my vanity. Is there any thing else I can do? moving the vanity, opening the wall, and redoing the plumbing is not an option at this point!

Comment (1)