SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ammand

my 5 year old shitzu has started biting.

ammand
15 years ago

Let me say first that two weeks ago my 5 yr old shitzu ran away from home because someone set off some fireworks next door and it scared him. I found him after about 3 hours - hugged him, loved him and tried to make him feel safe. 4 days ago he suddenly became lethargic, not his usual playful spritely self and not walking just dragging himself by pulling with his front legs, he stopped eating, peeing and pooping. I took him to the vet - he spent 2 days there, they gave him the drip did xrays but they could not find anything wrong except that he does have a kidney stone but that was not the problem. They said that maybe he may have a slipped disc but they were unable to tell that from the xrays. He came home last night ate a little, drank water, we took him out and he did his poop and pee. He has however bitten both myself and my husband when we try to move him to take him outside or just to make him comfortable. It is just so hard to see him uncomfortable and not alert. To go a little further back - about a year ago he started biting for no reason - I would be petting him and just being his loving mum and all of a sudden he would growl and bite me. I am a little confused. I have done everything by the book bringing him up, trained him, loved him, corrected him all using the book I purchased on shitzus, and now with this "illness" his biting has gotten worse. I have to warn everyone who comes to my house not to go near to him and that is not good. I need help, I don't want to put the little guy down - I love him so much, he is our baby. Is there anyone out there who has had similar problems re- not walking and biting? please help

Comments (5)