SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luvdogs_gw

lymphoma in dog

luvdogs
14 years ago

Hello.One of my dogs was diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes about a month ago. I brought him to the vet because of enlarged lymph nodes and she palpated him and said he has only months to live. She also took a bit of tissue and examined it under a scope. Websites on this subject say usually dogs are gone by a month or two after diagnosis.We've had him his whole life and he has had a good life.

I'm confused by this disease.

He's very, very thin and has huge lumps on his neck (the nodes) and one of his front legs has filled with fluid and so he carries that leg. Lasix (the diuretic) didn't work for that. But other than that (and some general weakening), he acts just fine. His head is up, his eyes are clear, he has energy to growl and chase cats.

How does this disease kill? I guess i'm used to a terminal illness meaning you don't feel very good. The vet said that he feels good due to the prednisone i've been giving him so as an experiment i stopped that a week ago but he still seems to feel pretty good. He's a skeleton though he does eat most of what i give him.

Comments (13)