SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sowngrow

Questions regarding marble vanity top

sowngrow (8a)
10 years ago

Help! I've hired a contractor to remodel our master bath and bedroom and the fabricator he uses for marble and tile work is driving me nuts. I want to use 2 cm Carrara marble for the vanity in our new bathroom. The vanity top we have now measures 21" x 87". I'm hoping to find a piece of Carrara marble that is more white than gray, in terms of the gray veining. We've been directly to look at a supplier who had a piece of marble that had a 2-3' gouge in it and we've also been shown a piece that had a lot of gray veining in it. I'm in the Dallas area. Also, I would like a honed finish on the marble. The fabricator told me the marble "comes polished" but they can change that. She also told me the polished finish on marble is a resin. So, then based on her logic the marble comes from the quarry with a polished resin? Not. Could someone please advise me here if 2 cm is used more often than 3 cm marble on bathroom vanities as that's what I've read is the case. My G.C. asked me this morning if I would consider using 3 cm if we can't find a white enough piece of 2 cm and I responded by asking why there would be whiter 3 cm, than 2 cm. I know there are some whiter marbles, but I like the look of Carrara and I don't want any gray or green tones in the vanity top. Help please. I need some direction here. Thank you!

Comments (2)