SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amck2

Coffee Table/Trunk/Ottoman What Would You Suggest?

amck2
16 years ago

DH has always wanted a room with a big plasma screen TV, and mission style recliners. He's finally getting them for the finished walk-out basement at our cottage. Actually, there is a sofa and 2 matching recliners - Dk. brown leather with oak stained wood frames.

The room has brown stained/scored/polished concrete floors. The walls are creamy white. Trim is white. There is a wet bar with black beadboard cabinets,an 8ft black wood bar w/stained oak top w/ 4 black saddle stools.

In a niche on the opposite side of the room from the sofa is a U-shaped banquette done in black beadboard (matches the wet bar)with a rectangular pedestal table and an overhead PB satin nickel pendant.

The rug in the TV/sitting area is a Craftsmen style design in dusty teal/beige/brown.

This is the area of the house where nachos and beer will be consumed by people popping in to catch a Red Sox game. I'm not sure what to get for a "coffee table." I don't want anything with glass. I'm reluctant to go with a leather ottoman - to my mind, what with the chairs and sofa, there's a lotta leather going on...There's a coffee table that "matches" the recliners & sofa, but that just seems too matchy-matchy to me.

I've seen woven ottomans used as tables in dark stained seagrass, but does that texture just not work with leather and the black beadboard in the room? I was thinking maybe a black trunk, as that seems rugged enough to stand up to the leather...

I've never decorated such a space before...any thoughts?

Comments (12)