SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sun43

Lead-free / all stainless faucets ... ?Grohe RealSteel®Â

Sun43
10 years ago

After reading many forum posts and in particular, this link that helpful forumers provided on another thread, we're trying to see if we can afford an "all stainless" potfiller in the kitchen - no brass inside. Since we boil our (cold) tap water for drinking, the potfiller would be the source of the majority of our drinking water. Good investment i suppose.

We have certainly heard / read that MGS and Graff makes all-stainless faucets, no brass ... but they have prices to match.

The showroom consultant recommends Grohe RealSteelîà(Ladylux?) - at ~$1200 list price it is certainly NOT CHEAP, but it's a bargain compared to MGS, and we'll probably get something around 35% off since she's offering us contractor pricing, so that's not bad.

My question is, is RealSteelîàreally all stainless steel, no brass? It does have a ceramic cartridge .... i know nothing about plumbing mechanisms, so does the water get in touch with the cartridge parts?? Does the water get in touch with anything that is not stainless steel in this faucet? or is "RealSteelîà" just one of those gimmick trademark name-game that CALLS itself that, put an "R" next to it, but still has __% of brass etc etc?

We do realize that the best foolproof option would be to go with MGS... you do get what you paid for, but I'm not about to spend $2000 + on a kitchen faucet. Plus, we'd have to order it online, i dont think any of our local showrooms carry it (therefore, no contractor discount for us).

would appreciate any insider info on what the deal is with Grohe RealSteelî.... is RealSteelîàthe Real Deal? LOL

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths