SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
curlygurly

Marron Cohiba Slabs......Buyers Remorse????

curlygurly
15 years ago

Ok, so I signed the contract for my granite last week. I did not like the 3 slabs they had (Marron Cohiba) just because the pattern on the last 2 feet of the slab was completely different than the rest of it. So....they ordered 5 more slabs. I went and picked them out on Friday...and it was HARD. I thought I made the right decision, but Sunday morning I woke up in a cold sweat thinking I needed to see the slabs again. Is this Buyer's remorse? I honestly don't know what good it would do to see them again, although they are scheduled to template them on Wednesday and I will be there for that. They are transporting them from the slab yard today. I know they are going to look totally different once they're horizontal. The slabs I chose have several places of gold flecks in them. Did any of you feel this way after choosing your slabs? Initially, I was sure, but the seed of doubt is growing. Help please!

Comments (12)

• lisalisa2009
    15 years ago

Did you get to choose where the granite will be cut?

• curlygurly
    Original Author
    15 years ago

lisalisa....yes....i will be going wednesday when they apply the templates.

• chloe_s_mom
    15 years ago

I've had similar feelings for all major house decisions - tile (floor and wall), hardwood (huge worries - did I go too dark?? etc), granite, cabinet choice, etc. I'm sure that if you like the stone, you'll like your choice!

• lisalisa2009
    15 years ago

here's how i would look at it, if you are happy with all the colors in the stone, i think you will love it.

i think the majority of us tend to overthink things and second guess.

In the meantime don't stress. Good Luck!

• seaglass7
    15 years ago

curlygurly,

Oh, yes. After I tagged my slabs I thought I saw a crack in one of them once the pics were loaded to the computer at home. We rushed back to granite yard the next day (and stopped by two others in the area just to be sure that we had chosen the right thing ;-). It was that blue pearl labrador you saw me comment about on another thread. No cracks, just a lazy line of black quartz running through a small corner of the slab. We templated to avoid it, since I had lost so much sleep over it!

Anyway, it is soooo normal to have second thoughts. But usually your first instinct is correct. I think we're all spending more money on these items than we normally do, and we keep double, triple, and quadruple checking to make sure everything is just perfect. In the end, I'm sure you'll love the granite you've chosen. And it's good you're going to the layout review---that's your chance to identify any parts of the slabs you love and try to work around the parts you're not so crazy about.

• mariofo
    15 years ago

I have Marron Cohiba in my kitchen and it is beautiful granite. I know it is scary because I was unsure of my island choice it is Sedna/Magma. I am very happy with both colors I picked. They complement each other perfectly.

We actually had our 3 slabs picked out and sent to the fabricator and went back to look at them for the templating and changed our mind on those particular 2 slabs of Sedna. We went that day to a different supplier and got 2 new slabs that turned out to be the right ones.

The place we looked at the slabs of Sedna at was dark and when they were in the natural light, what a difference.
    I will say that the Marron Cohiba slab was the same from the start.

Good Luck!

• curlygurly
    Original Author
    15 years ago

thanks everyone for easing my mind a bit.

seaglas: that's what I keep telling myself....trust my first instinct.

Mariofo: wonderful, I am glad you are happy with your Marron Cohiba...does yours have the sparkly bits in it? Any pics?

I am trying to relax....I just got a call that my tile samples came in. I keep reminding myself to *breathe*.....hehe

• mariofo
    15 years ago

Yes mine has the sparkle to it. I will take some pics on Tuesday. I am not living in the home just yet, but will be working there in the morning. I will try to post asap.

• mariofo
    15 years ago

curlygurly, here are my pics, enjoy!

• curlygurly
    Original Author
    15 years ago

mariofo: oooooo....it's beautiful. I hope mine looks that good. You got a great pic of it too! They are installing mine in the morning. I will try to get some pics up....It is the first thing getting done. The cabinets are still french blue....it may look weird for awhile...we'll see. One question....i am unclear on the sealer....i read it's really dense and won't accept an impregnated sealer but my fabricator says they seal it. What do you do for yours? Was it sealed when it was installed?

• erikanh
    15 years ago

Wowwwww!! I'm not usually a fan of most granites, but that is absolutely stunning! I love your backsplash too!

• mariofo
    15 years ago

Yes mine was sealed by the fabricators. I am not living in this house just yet. We are remodeling it and living in the one that we are selling.
    I do have granite in my old home and the granite is about 10 years old. My favorite cleaner is by rock doctor it is called granite polish. I use it a few times a month for a good shine. I get it at ace hardware store. I have never resealed this granite. It is black galaxy. I love the dark granites.

I love my glass back splash to!! We looked everywhere and only found this color at one place. It has deep purple & tan colored glass and a beige stone in it. My walls are a deep eggplant purple.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!