SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rsbm_rhino

Navien/Rinnai Tankless Water Heater Questions

rsbm_rhino
13 years ago

We need to replace our water heater. As a quick background, we have a two-story 3000 sq. ft. house (3 bathrooms) that is serviced by one 50-gallon water heater. The wonderful builder of our house decided to put the tank in the attic above the second floor on the west side of the house. Our master bedroom is on the first floor on the east side of the house. I donÂt think the water heater could be any further from our bedroom and yes it takes a couple of minutes to get hot water in our bathroom.

I have received some bids on both tank and tankless water heaters and I am trying to decide what I want to do. I am leaning towards tankless because we have 2 pre-teen children and I anticipate my hot water usage to be on the rise in the coming years.

We should be getting back some bids on a couple of tankless water heaters. I am looking at the Rinnai tankless water heater (R75LSiN) and it seems to rate well on the internet, but I understand that the hot water will have to still travel the distance to my bathroom. I asked about hooking up a recirculation pump to it and the installer said that would nullify the warranty, so that is not an option.

He also mentioned that he installs the Navien tankless water heater which has a built in recirculating pump, which would solve our delay in getting hot water, but I have not been able to find much information on the Navien in terms of review.

Sorry for the long post, but I am looking for opinions on tankless water heaters in general and specifically any feedback on Rinnai and Navien . It seems like the Navien would fit our needs the best, but I am willing to wait for hot water with the Rinnai if it is far superior. Thanks.

Comments (2)