SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artydecor

How do you make up a king sized bed?

artydecor
12 years ago

Dh and I had a brass queen bed with an arched headboard and footboard. Ds's twin bed frame broke, and we went shopping for his new bed- then decided a new twin wouldn't make a lot of sense for our 18 year old, 6'2" and still growing son. We bought a king for ourselves, instead, and gave him our old bed. I'm lost with how to decorate around this unplanned for, unbudgeted for bed. It is about the size of a soccer field. On the queen, I had white, exquisitely expensive, pure linen sheets, a white RL quilt, and layered two euro pillows in shams, two standard pillows we used, two 18" decorative pillows, ending with one boudoir pillow. It looked just right. Now I have four standard pillows, just added the two euros, and it looks weird and skimpy. I want a quilt, not a duvet,or matalasse bedspread,for comfort, but the romantic cottage style doesn't seem to work on the soccer field. Do I need king size pillows? More euros? Something else entirely? Please help before I buy stuff that doesn't work!

Comments (30)