SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Need Your Opinion on this. Glass on Sides Of cabinets?

beekeeperswife
12 years ago

Our window in the kitchen faces West. It is less than a spectacular window, but it's ok, because right at the end of the counter on that same wall is a 10 x 15 breakfast room with lots of windows, and beautiful view.

I'm looking at this drawing sent to me by my cabinetmaker this am, to show me the moulding. Do you see those 2 glass front cabinets on each side of the sink?

I'm wondering if the ends should be glass. Or maybe just the sides next to the window?

I just have a feeling it would let more light into the kitchen if that cabinet wasn't dark when there were no lights on inside the cabinet.

It will save me some money to do this since each of those is a paneled end.

Glass is $0.

The family room is open to the kitchen. I didn't consider this earlier because of the location of the family room, and I thought, who would want to see inside the sides of the cabinets from the family room....but really, that's just ridiculous because you'll be able to see the fronts of the cabinets....

Or maybe just the ones on the window side?

I'd appreciate your feedback. For all I know these are already made and I can't change my mind. But if you all think it would be a smart move, I will ask.

And FWIW these cabinets will not be crazy disorganized ones, this is where the white dishes and clear glasses will all be.

thanks!

Ignore the color of the cabinets and counters, and the size of that window, which I wish I had...

View of kitchen area from family room side:

Here is the breakfast room (the windows were foggy--usually it's woods and a creek in the view!

Comments (21)