SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dredre_gw

Kitty wont eat or drink

dredre
13 years ago

I took my precious baby Emma to the vet four days ago....

Emma is 13 years (still plays like a kitten) old and I took her into the vet because I noticed she was drinking a lot more water than usual. I did a little research on-line and freaked out that she may have kidney problems. I took her in and they ran a senior screen which checked her blood, urine,sodium, liver test and some other random stuff. The results came back pretty normal with the exception of the kidneys, they showed a little concern but her doctor said she is older and this is normal "her kidneys are hanging in there"?

So, I get her home and naturally she's not happy with me but got over it quick and was eating and drinking like normal. The following day she threw up three times. It was a lighter beige color, no food in it and it was almost mucousy. She threw up again last night at least three times. Now today she hasn't eaten much and puked twice. I called the vet and he said to keep an eye on her. I went and got her nuti-cal and force feed her a little. Now she's hiding in the closet.

Is it possible that she caught the kitty flu from the vet or is there something else I should worry about here? Has this happened to anyone else's babies?

Comments (14)