SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pranjal_gw

Two questions reg cat behaviour

pranjal
16 years ago

Hi everyone ... it's Max (3yr old neutered male) this time!

1. He throws up/poops/foams at the mouth/all in his carrier when we take him out in the car. At first we thought it was because he associated car rides with unpleasant trips to the vet. So we tried to get him used to going out with us, for short trips at first and then a bit longer, but he's been doing all those things every single time. The carrier is large and airy, the temp inside the car is proper, so we know it's not a problem. And the most surprising thing is, he's all cool and calm once we reach the vet's office - he roams around the place as if he owns it, even hops onto the scale to be weighed, generally makes a fool of himself and goes around kissing everyone's nose. So it's not fear of visits to the vet. Any idea on how to remedy this? He doesn't go to the vet more than twice a year, but those two days of the year are the worst for me! (I don't mind cleaning up; I just hate to see him in that state)

2. Max has started eating his wet food with his paw (right paw ONLY!). At first it was kinda cute but he didn't get extra attention - I didn't want to encourage the habit. This evening I saw him actually playing with a chunk of wet food - tossing it into the air, batting at it, rolling around n trying to pick it up while lying on his back - he looks incredibly cute while the tiles get horribly dirty! I'm sure many cats do this - why do they do it? Entertainment? Why should it start all of a sudden?

Comments (2)