SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jsweenc

Anyone have a wood top from blocktop.net?

jsweenc
14 years ago

Just wanted to see if there were any satisfied customers out there.

We are trying to use just one slab of granite and have two places where we will have to do something else. One is an island, 5'x18", that we have been planning all along to top with wood. The other is up in the air, depending on what our fabricator says about the granite we chose (has lots of veins). I hope they will lay out the template on it today so I can see it.

[Just talked to him. They are going to lay the template out and call me in. We agreed that if they are not willing to take on the liability for this stone, Marron Cohiba/Antique Brown, we will have to look at another stone; Jet Mist if I can possibly get it.]

Most likely we will be doing the wood in the corner. If that's the case, it won't butt up against granite at all.

We got a pretty amazing quote from blocktop.net yesterday. Previously I had only gotten quotes for cherry plank (face grain i.e. wide boards) which all came in pretty high but probably typical for those companies and that type. I was ready and willing to pay that until I got this quote yesterday. DH is ready for me to order both the island top and the remaining perimeter from blocktop. He likes the walnut better than cherry, thinks it looks richer.

The quotes from Craft-Art, Grothouse, one from my fabricator's contact, and one other, for the plank just on the island, have all been over $1000. Fabricator's was lowest, but his person is 8-10 weeks out. Blocktop quoted me $659 for both tops in cherry, my choice of edges that they offer, custom size, delivered. Walnut was in the same price category but I didn't get a quote for it.

Any thoughts, either on the company itself, the quotes, or which wood to use in the corner?

Corner and overall k;tchen

Granite

Wood options - cherry and walnut

Edge options included in price

Example from their gallery

Here is a link that might be useful: Blocktop

Comments (15)