SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katiee511_gw

Bumping out a sink base. How should I finish the edges?

katiee511
15 years ago

Our kitchen demo starts on Monday. We are keeping our existing cabinets and having them painted. One design element I have asked our GC for is, is to bump out our sink base. Our paperwork states they will "pull sink base forward three inches".

I am concerned about the look of the front/side edges. I am really drawn to the pictures I see of furniture finished edges with blocks or feet at the bottom. I am having a hard time coming up with the best way to achieve this. I have looked at Table Legs, stairwell posts, flat stock molding at the big box stores..... and I am stumped at what will work best.

I fear if I do nothing, the GC will just paint it along with the rest of the cabinets and be done. I think it will always look unfinished to me, KWIM?

I am open to any and all suggestions on what you would do to get the finished look. If you have also faced this design problem, could you post a picture and explain what exactly you purchased to achieve the look?

Thank you all so much. Getting down to the wire and I am sick with nerves about all the choices I may have failed to make........

Comments (5)