SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
binsp

Pink for a north-facing bedroom

B H
11 years ago

I am truly stumped as to what would be a good color for my daughter's bedroom. I'd like a pale pink if at all possible as that is DD's favorite color.

This is the furniture that will be arriving soon from my childhood bedroom:

(not my photo but it's the same exact dresser with matching desk, bookshelf, chair, nightstand, bedframe).

I originally did her bedroom in a dark color (Valspar Beet with a light pink that almost reads white - don't like at all) and while I initially sort of likeed it, I never fell in love with it and consequently did nothing with the room. The color is just too dark for a small room with 1 small, northern exposure window. Frankly, it's depressing.

I'd like to get the room painted before the furniture arrives as there is just no where for the furniture to go once it comes off the moving truck and the room is just not enough to have furniture, ladder, etc...and paint the room efficiently.

I'm not planning on refinishing it at this point but I'd really like to finally get DD's room in order.

Any ideas for paint colors that won't clash with the yellowish cast of this furniture and DD's penchant for pink would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
B

Comments (4)