SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Help with tile/paint colors for master bath!

2ajsmama
12 years ago

Long time no see! I'm trying to finish the master bath, have had the floor tile for 5 years (have the blue-gray version in the main bath we've been using since we moved in). It's kind of a gray-taupe color, but I don't want to use it on the tub deck or surround b/c of the wavy edges. Here it is with a dab of BM Edgecomb Gray on the wall.

I don't know if it seems like I'm afraid of color, but I am trying to keep the room very neutral and calm, but warm, and to coordinate with the blue-gray Horizon paint in the BR.

I'm using the same wallpaper border (I know, very 80's) in the BR and the bath:

The hard part has been picking a square tile (12x12) for the tub deck and surround. I keep leaning toward the browns - which may be OK since the custom Roman I bought years ago when I ordered them for the whole house is brown/taupe:

I found the decos on sale (HD was ready to throw them out), only 18 bullnose which is enough to go around the surround but not for a backsplash on the vanity. Plenty of 12x12 tile and decos. But are they too brown compared with the floor tile? Does it matter since they're not going to be right next to each other?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz