SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barbnjack

Adult dog pees in house when angry

Barbnjack
11 years ago

I adopted Jack from a shelter in 2007. They assumed he was 9 months. He's a mix breed, with the dominate breed, pit. My two teenage children, my husband and I picked him out together. My kids have now moved on with their lives and my husband has never really bonded with the dog, so Jack is basically mine. I'm about to give up. I've really tried. His worse problem is he can go weeks without peeing in the house, but if I go out in the evening, he gets angry and I come home to a mess. It doesn't matter how long I'm gone. I've read everything and tried everything short of crating him. I've had and know lots of people with dogs who don't pee in the house and don't have a crate. Is a crate really the only answer for me? Or, do I really need to buy one of these expensive gadgets or hirer a trainer. Is there something I'm missing? I really need some good advice. I work from home so I have him on a food, water, outdoors, walking schedule. I take him out before I leave. I tried putting food in the areas where he usually pees. I've tried vinegar, pet solutions, praising outside, punishing, all consistently. We're moving into a new house and my husband wants to take him to the shelter. Please help!! Is he doing it for attention?

Comments (12)