SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melly_pwnz

How to stop my cat from peeing on piles-clothes and trash bags?!

melly_pwnz
15 years ago

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I hope you all can help me solve this problem. My cat Halo (about a year old)has been peeing on any piles around the house (clothes and trash bags for some strange reason) and I'd like to have some ideas to why shes doing it and what can be done about it.

Some background info:

She isn't fixed yet. She just started the whole meowing 24/7 while in heat thing a couple weeks ago, and I plan to get her fixed SOON.

We do have a new cat, well kitten, but he's been around for a good couple months now, about 4 probably. He is a male and is about...6 months old? Would she just start this up out of the blue because of him NOW?

I thought it might be something like missing my fiance' (he works a lot) but I don't know.

Is it dominance? Is it because she's in heat? I don't know what the problem is exactly so I can't pin point the solution.Should I get another litter box? She's getting fixed within the next month so I'm hoping that might help. Also, I was reading around and heard it might be stress and she might need meds. Does anyone know how much these might cost? My fiance and I are a young couple and don't have much money (pleaseee don't lecture me about how much money it costs to take a animal to the vet. If she was dying, I'd find it, but because she's peeing...lol.)

Any advice would be greatly apperciated=)

-Melly

Comments (2)