SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mgabriel_gw

two bedroom septic system

mgabriel
15 years ago

We own four acres in middle TN and plan to build in the near future. The land already has an existing 2 bedroom septic system. In our present house we use about 6000 gallons of water per month. In the house we plan to build we are going to include all energy efficient appliances. We are considering installing a Brac system to recycle our water, which should cut down our water use by a third. Here is the issue. We would like to upgrade to a three bedroom septic system but due to the layout of the property it will be pretty expensive. I feel the measures we are taking to conserve natureÂs resources would justify building a three bedroom house on a two bedroom septic system. TN views each bedroom as using 150 gallons of water per day. If that is the case then our family would be using 9300 gallons a month, which presently is 40% more then we use.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I don't want to build a house and septic issues but neither do I want to plump down thousands just to upgrade it by one bedroom. I would have to disclose this information if I went to sell the house which might be a big turnoff.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Comments (4)