SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitch1_gw

Unsure of plumbing cost- please share your opinion

kitch1
10 years ago

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and to remodeling Kitch & Bath. If you don't mind, can you please let me know your thoughts on what some work should approx. cost? I live in NJ.

Kitchen
I am looking to move a sink over a few feet. I've been told the existing lines can simply be run through the new cabinets I'm buying- no need to cut the "stack?"

I am also adding a dishwasher (need new lines). He said he was going to split on 4 turn valves. He will re-install the existing garbage disposal under the new sink (related piping).

***I will supply all fixtures- he will provide labor and materials (pipes, valves, etc.)

While I have the wall is open (and all cabinets out so nothing is in his way), he is also going to run a cold water pipe up to over the stove.

Bath
Adding a stand up shower (tub now). He has to add a new diverter and move the drain (not going any bigger so minimal fuss) to line up with the new stand up shower.

***Also, how much extra do you think a plumber would charge to continue to completely install the plastic surround shower, since he is already in there lining up and I assume hooking up the drain at the shower base?

Install new toilet.

Is it better if he charges by the hour or by the job?
Please let me know if you have any other tips or things I should ask?

THANK YOU for sharing your opinions- much appreciated!

Comments (3)