SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
boxiebabe

Sick of people in my house

boxiebabe
16 years ago

So far week, the cabinets were installed, granite counter templated, and electrician here doing work and getting the lights in. With the kitchen being in the middle of the house that we ARE LIVING IN - it's quite a challenge, that I am sure most of you are familiar with.

I've reached *that* point. Ya know, the point at which I am sick to death of men in my house, other than my husband. That point of feeling as though I am babysitting men all day, and after they leave, I spend an hour cleaning up after them, before I can figure out how/what I am going to cook dinner. I am frustrated beyond being reasonable - at the mess that they leave. I refuse to call this a "construction site" - it is NOT. It is a

"kitchen remodel", which to me indicates that they are coming to someone's HOME to make things better.

The reason for my rant is because for the umpteenth time last night, I spent an hour cleaning up after them. My house is filled with sheetrock dust because of an error in measurement - not the electrician's fault - nonetheless, causing him to have to cut out a section of sheetrock. I lost it, and cried the entire time I was cleaning up after these "MEN". Grown men!

The entire adjoining family room has sheetrock dust, and I mean a LOT of sheetrock dust, everywhere. I am SO ticked off that my GC, his assistant, and my electrician would think that it's OK to leave this mess for ME to clean up. I guess I could opt to LIVE in the filth - gasping for air as the dust fills my lungs.

As I am trying like heck to clean up sheetrock dust, I have the Shop Vac out, and realize the cabinets that I have paid what feels like a guzzillion dollars for, are being used for a note pad. There are phone numbers written on the tops of them. I could understand measurements being written on them, but phone numbers??? Realizing that they'll be covered up with countertops - I have an internal battle - but end up feeling as though there is a disrespect here. Why would someone think it's OK to write several phone numbers on my guzzillion dollar cabinets? Why would someone think it's OK to leave their empty drink can on the floor of my home? Why would someone think it's OK to leave 1/4" of sheetrock dust on my sofa, end table, blanket rack, carpet, dog food & water bowls, etc? Why would someone think it's OK to leave TONS of sawdust and wood scaps on the inside of my new cabinets, and use the dishwasher cut out for a trash dumpster? Why would someone think it's OK to leave boombox, tools, nails and blades, in the path that they KNOW hubby, myself and my pets will take from one end of the house to the other?

Sorry - needed to get this off my chest now, before GC shows up and I blow up.

Frustrated beyond frustrated,

Boxie

Comments (24)