SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue36_gw

Excellent Animal Hospital in New England?

16 years ago

We are happy with our vet (actually vets, she has a primary care and an ophthalmologist), but I think I need a second opinion.

Our 1 year, 10 month old cat has FIP. She is the longest surviving case either vet has ever seen (1 year, 4 months since diagnosis). She had her lungs drained once, but she "appears" disease free even though she isn't. However, the virus seems to be attacking her eye quite badly.

She's been going to the vet about every other week for a few months for uveitis that will just not go away. They switched her meds again yesterday. But the opth says that if this doesn't work it will likely become uncontrollable and they will need to remove the eye for her own comfort. She is in no pain or discomfort now. The meds are (barely) holding the disease in check, but it's not getting better.

What I want it to take her to the best animal hospital I can (we are one hour north of Boston, but I'd go anywhere in New England) for an opinion. Maybe they know of research or treatment protocol our vets don't.

Any suggestions or experience? Thanks.

Comments (10)