SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elly_nj

Strange kitten Puja

Elly_NJ
15 years ago

Puja is now 4 1/2 months old. She is confident and happy, and plays regularly with my older cat Sofie.

I raised her from when she was about 17 days old, and she was never a "sucky" kitten, rooting frantically for other suck sources. Once she was weaned, she never wool sucked or even fervently kneaded.

But: She has a little toy opossum with a 1 inch tail. She loves it more than any other toy, and would turn it and take the tail in her mouth and hold on and suck! If I tried to remove the toy from her clutches (and mouth) she would grasp harder. (This is when she was 6-8 weeks old.)

She has lots of toys, so that one was confiscated and set aside for when she was older.

Yesterday she was in bed and doing something with her tail. I thought she was washing it, but she was concentrating on the tip in a curious way. I looked closer, and there she was, sucking the end of her very long tail. She had about 1/2 inch of it in her mouth! I went to remove it and she grabbed harder. I did get it out of her mouth and distracted her with a play session.

I know I have to keep her away from her tail, or it will look like an opossum tail and get quite infected!

But I was wondering if anyone ever heard of an almost 4 month old kitten who sucks her tail tip? No nasty jokes here, please!

Comments (11)