SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovedobies

Aggressive Adult Cat

ilovedobies
12 years ago

My FIL went into a nursing home and I'm taking care of his two year old male neutered cat, he's also declawed and he's been here since July 7.

I have two dobermans male and female and a male neutered cat, Charlie is 13 and they are friendly.

When Moochi first got here he was terrified of the dogs so I put him in the den with a baby gate so he could look out but the dogs couldn't get in. The first few days he would let me pet him but then he wouldn't want me to touch him and he would spend most of his time hiding underneath the sofa. Once day Charlie saw him and both cats hissed at each other but nothing happened.

One morning I got up and he wasn't in the den. I found him in the basement hiding but he wouldn't let me bring him upstairs. I brought his food and litter down and left him alone. I would check on him several times a day but no way he would let me near him. He's become very aggressive towards me and I don't understand why.

When I go over to him he will be hiding and he starts to growl and hiss and he has a glazed look in his eyes. If I reach out to touch him he will jump up and try to bite me. I know that it takes some cats a long time to adjust to a new home but his behaviour worries me. I haven't done anything to him and my dogs only saw him once behind the baby gate.

Has anyone dealt with anything like this before? Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do to try and help him.

Before he came here he was at the vet's for his yearly checkup and he was fine.

Thankyou

Comments (3)