SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlesa_gw

Electric Tankless Water Heater advise needed.

charlesa
16 years ago

Have been posting on different forums here as we are completely renovating the house we recently purchased.

We are switching from oil to electric heating so we will no longer have an oil tank in the house. We are located in Montreal where it is quite cold in the winter.

I am thinking of installing a tankless water heater (electric) for part of the house, while also keeping an electric water tank for the rest. We are a family of 7 with 3 full washrooms upstairs and one in the basement. My initial idea is to have the tankless unit hooked up for the master bathroom and one of the smaller children bathrooms(for the 2 youngest ones)only. The master will have a full steam shower with side nozzles and the works, I expect to use it fully on a regular basis.

Given it will be an electric unit, how dependable are these tankless water units? Can I expect it to meet my requirements?

Any feedback is much appreciated. We are starting the plumbing work in about 2 weeks. I have heard that the tankless unit can also be automatically bypassed to the tank, not sure how this works.

Comments (4)