SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krenster

Rescue husky has issues!!

krenster
15 years ago

(So do we for agreeing to take this on:)

He's a year old. Neutered. Beautiful dog and very sweet. I don't know if he was trained before and has regressed because of stress or trauma, but he doesn't seem to be exhibiting any signs of trauma, other than saving up all his poop and pee for inside the house!

Oh, and he's VERY aggressive with our 8YO female Rotty, who is a cupcake, but isn't liking his continual attacks. He's trying to establish his superior alpha male dominance, I suppose, but she's not going for it. (Besides, the husky has already been very submissive to my husband and has clearly accepted hubby as alpha male. So maybe he's just trying to become second in command? LOL ... guys are so cute!!!)

Any ideas on that one?

Anyway, back to the house training -- we live in the woods on seven acres and Kane has been walked at least four times a day, for at least a half hour each time, and probably two of those times would be considered strenous hikes anywhere else. Lots of time to eliminate, you would think. And lots of time to get things moving, intestinally speaking.

But five days into his coming into our home, he has yet to do it outside.

I think the secret is to crate him (he's well-trained in that respect) at all times in the house, unless we're actively playing with him. But what if he soils his crate?

I'm new to this; never had a dog that wasn't completely housebroken before. Any advice would be great.

Comments (7)