SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colorfast

Hansgrohe vs Grohe shower systems, tub valve size?

colorfast
11 years ago

Hi,

We are having our shower retiled new fixtures. Original 30-year-old fixtures that leak and are discontinued.

Can someone advise as to one of these is a good idea or bad? I have read here on gardenweb that some of the hansgrohe have a lot of plastic. I'd sort of like two showerheads but if needed to make the budget work, I would rather go with one really good one that isn't going to break in a couple of years.

Hansgrohe shower system 27169001

Grohe 27 140 000 Rainshower Rustic Shower Set

3. My plumber has gotten into the old valve and gotten into the wall on the back side. Due to my house being a tri-level, the stairs support beams leave little room for the tub valve.

My plumber said that some brands' valves would be too big and suggested a 1700 Delta because it is very compact. He said that I'd need to get the tub faucet and handle to match, but that my shower components could be a different brand.

What other brands have a smaller tub valve? I'd like all the finishes to match. Not to be picky:)

3. Are there other components I need to order before the plumber comes?

4. Should I give up on the second showerhead? I'd like it so that one head has adequate pressure, while the handheld would help me wash the dog. This is all too confusing.

Thanks so much!

Comments (2)