SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northcarolina_gw

How to make this look less awkward? (ordering cabs this a.m.)

northcarolina
12 years ago

Going in about 2 hrs to order (should have posted last night but was tired). Would you all have a look and tell me if you can suggest any improvements, or if it's fine as it is? DH is not worried about moving the sink out from under the window but is concerned about asymmetry on that wall (he likes things to line up). He didn't have any suggestions, though. The window openings are a couple inches different in height. One option would be to eliminate the window on the right, but it's actually useful -- it looks onto the sunroom which the kids use as a playroom and I like being able to see them out there. Also I do some recording out there in the evenings so I want to maintain a sound barrier, not just have it open. The "window" opening and the big doorway to the left look into the den, which has very large sunny windows. Those three wall openings provide all the natural light that the kitchen gets, and we'd like to leave all of them there if we can.

I'll post the other side of the room too in case there is anything glaringly wrong over there either. DR is through the doorway to the left of the fridge. Obviously we do not really have a big sideboard with a dining chair in the room; that's just a mockup of the desk (where the desktop computer lives). The big tan shelving units mock up location of existing bookcases. Shall I change the uppers in between the fridge and pantry to a wood to match bookcases since they're at the same depth etc? Oh yes, there will be a sink in that 18" cab next to the pantry. Flooring elevation changes slightly between that 18" cab and the pantry.

I plan a trash pullout in the 15" cab round the corner from the stove (under the window). Anybody see a big problem having it so far from the sink? I wanted to keep the dish drawers as close as I could to the DW.

Thanks!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (6)