SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cuttervonwifflepuff

Dog dental care - Sonicare or electric toothbrushes?

Hey, everyone, I'd love your input on this subject, and haven't seen anything in the archives about this.

My dog (a 30 lb sheltie) is having plaque/tartar buildup on her canine teeth, and only on her canine teeth. Bones aren't working (she either licks the bone or chews on it with her back teeth, not her canines), which was recommended by my vet, who doesn't think she needs to undergo a full dental cleaning because it's just her top two canine teeth.

I have a Triple-Pet dog dental brush that's made to get both the inner side and the outer side of the back teeth, but doesn't work for flat-out brushing the outside of the canine teeth, which is what I need.

So, who here uses a powered toothbrush for their dogs? Down to the $5 Oral-B models up to Sonicare, do you use them, and how loud are they? (even if you use them on yourself, not your dogs, I'd love to know how loud they are and how well you think they clean)

I think powered toothbrushes would do a better job than a manual brush.... I know they do on MY teeth, anyway. I use the Sonicare Elite model on my teeth and know it's quiet, so I might get the Sonicare Advance or Essence model for my dog. But, hubby might freak if I spend that much, so am considering getting a $5-$20 Oral-B spinning-brush-type one first.

Any input you can give would be so helpful, as I'm planning to buy a powered toothbrush for my dog today.

Comments (9)