SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
longislandmomoftwo

quartz masters? calacutta quartz

longislandmomoftwo
10 years ago

Hello GWebbers!

I am a long-time stalker/first time poster looking for any input on the quartz brand "Quartz Masters." They have a couple of very good marble look-a-like quartzes called "Calacutta Grey" and "Calacutta Gold" that I had to do a double-take when I realized they weren't actually marble. They look very much like stone, feel like stone, but apparently have none of the maintenance issues that marble has, like etching and staining. They're not cheap, coming in at about $100 a sq. foot, but if it's a good product, I'd be willing to splurge on our counters, and save somewhere else.

The big question is: has anyone used this product? Any experience would be appreciated as I only found one reference to their product in another forum (which was positive), but the BBB has them rated as an "F" even though it posts that they've only had one complaint in 3 years.

They're based out of NJ which is fabulous for me as I'm in NY, so I will find out if we can schlep on over to see a whole slab, but I just can't find any info on whether the product is easy to fabricate, if there are any chipping or yellowing issues, is it heat resistant, etc., etc.

This product would resolve all my issues: I want that all- white timeless kitchen with a beautiful marble top, but none of headaches of caring of marble.

Looking forward to hearing from someone!

Comments (268)

• longislandmomoftwo
    Original Author
    7 years ago

PS While searching the warehouses, did anyone see the LG Calacatta in person??? Looks interesting!

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

Statuario Classico

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

• longislandmomoftwo
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

The photo before is LG's version of a calacatta quartz

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

statuario classico

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

• Lisa Fabry
    7 years ago

Where's that certification...

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

Calacutta Miel

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

clacutta mile close up

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

file:///C:/Users/toms%20computers/Pictures/GREENGUARD.pdf

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

Lisa hope this helps!

GREENGUARD Certification is part of UL Environment, a business unit of UL (Underwriters Laboratories). GREENGUARD Certification helps manufacturers create--and helps buyers identify--interior products and materials that have low chemical emissions, improving the quality of the air in which the products are used. UL Environment acquired GREENGUARD in 2011, further advancing its mission of promoting global sustainability, environmental health, and safety. Click here for more

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

longislandmomoftwo, thanks for the opportunity to weigh in. Apologize for not always being on this thread, My kids generally have my attention after work.

Have a great weekend!

• Lisa Fabry
    7 years ago

That doesn't help. You have attempted to avoid uploading a certification again. Please provide the certification

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

Lisa, I think QM has provided all info asked for. Please contact the issuing company for whichever certificate you think we don't have. If links don't help you not sure what will. I wish you all the best, in your search and will fully understand if you decide to go in another direction.

• Lisa Fabry
    7 years ago

You have not attached any so called link, Check what you posted.
    Also, Checking with the issuing company of Greenguard, @ https://spot.ulprospector.com/en/na/BuiltEnvironment , when searching for "quartz masters/quartzmasters/etc.. " no where can you guys be found.

• Misaltow
    7 years ago

Lisa, I don't think there's any point to continue this line of discussion with QM. Its pretty clear to me that these certifications don't actually exist.

Advertising as such is not only misleading to the consumer but is also considered fraud. I don't have the time or energy to pursue this but if you really want to make a difference, the best avenue is to report them to the Attorney General. They can fully investigate on your behalf.

I think it will be far more effective than repeatedly asking them for certifications that they are unwilling to provide.

Of course, if they do have the certifications, no harm no foul.

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago
    • Calacutta Italia
  • kolochi
    7 years ago

I want to say thanks to all for the information, they are very helpful. I am in the midst of renovating my kitchen. We initially wanted to go with the DuPont London Sky but decided against it after seeing the slab in person. Our goal was to buy quartz from American or European company but seem to be in love with designs from Chiness manufacturers. We didn't want to buy Chinese products because of safety and quality concerns. And It is hard to ascertain if any claim by Chinese manufacturers is true.

That said, I went to Quartz Master, Bayonne location, this past weekend, my wife and I loved the Costello, which is a new design. We decided just yesterday that we will be using this stone for our new kitchen countertop. I will be heading back to quarts master in an hour to reserve 2 slabs. I am looking forward to our new kitchen!!

In regards, to GreenGuard and other safety certificate/concerns, your comments and my own research addressed them, Quartz Master has the certificate as noted in its website and GreenGuard's site, see below:

http://quartzmasters.com

http://m.ulenvironment.com/en/SearchResults.aspx??BrandID=2321

FYI, I found out yesterday, DuPont Zodiacs is actually manufactured in Chinese. so I am not losing anything by going with a Chinese manufacturer

• longislandmomoftwo
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you so much for the information Kolochi! While you're there, would you mind posting a pic of your Costello as I don't remember seeing that one. Thanks in advance!

• Lisa Fabry
    7 years ago

@kolochi Thank you for the information.

@Quartz Master I fully apologize for the information about Quartz Master's Accreditation.

Quartz Master should have disclosed their Accreditation information from the get go. They should of also disclosed that they are a distributor of Quartz and not a manufacturer for their Quartz, produced by TELTOS Quartz Stone Co., Ltd. and that they carry their Manufacturer, Teltos' Accreditation.

Reference for this post:

Products below reference same product and images as well as item codes.

http://m.ulenvironment.com/en/SearchResults.aspx??BrandID=2321
    https://spot.ulprospector.com/en/na/BuiltEnvironment/Suppliers/32616/TELTOS-Quartz-Stone-Co--Ltd

• kolochi
    7 years ago

Thanks for the info, Lisa.

See the pic. It matches very well with my cabinet. I placed a piece of my cabinet in front of it.

• longislandmomoftwo
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks for posting Kolochi and good luck with your kitchen!

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

Costello

• Jess Abergel Elkaslasi
    7 years ago

@quartz master is calacatta vagli white? I'm looking for a very white slab to match my white cabinets

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

the calacatta Italia is the whitest background we have.

• mdk15
    7 years ago
    Hello all,

I was at QM today and loved the Costello also. Does anyone have a picture of Costello installed?
  • jmhb
    7 years ago

Quartz Master,

I love the Calacatta Italia. My cabinets are a creamy off-white color and I am looking for a stone with a similar background color; one that is not too grey (or too white.) Is there one that you would recommend?

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

I recommend you get a couple of samples including the calacutta italia and see which you like.

• longislandmomoftwo
    Original Author
    7 years ago

OMG! How gorgeous is that kitchen!!!! Beautiful details and fabulous fixtures ... and you're never going to be a slave to sealing or worrying about stains and etching! Lots of luck with that amazing kitchen :)

• Candace Stevens
    7 years ago

Southampton your kitchen looks amazing!

• southamptontoni
    7 years ago

Thank you, Pictures really helped me during my selection. Thought this might help.

• Crystal Brown Olmsted
    7 years ago

Quartz Master-- can you show me a pic of Calcutta Manhattan? I am in Texas and can't see a full slab, which is killing me!

• Crystal Brown Olmsted
    7 years ago

@quartzmaster

• PRO
    Quartz Master
    7 years ago

www.quartzmasters.com see all colors as well as slab pictures.

• longislandmomoftwo
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Saw a remnant of the QM statuario at my fabricator and it looked really nice. My fabricator is a stone snob/quartz-hater and she said that of all of them, this was the only one she thought looked good. I was in a hurry and didn't think to take a pic, but If the piece is still there I'll get some close ups when I next head over.

• susiemag73
    6 years ago

Hi @Quartz Master! We are going to Bayonne next weekend to see some slabs. Just a quick question- we are seriously considering Calacutta BNC- in regards to certification- it is not listed in the list. Any further information? I really do not want to go to Bayonne, just to find that the one I am interested in does not have certification. Also- the name "Calacatta" appears on the list of certifications, but your product has a different spelling (and there are different variations, so are they all certified?). Any information would be GREATLY appreciated. We really love the look, just want to be sure it's certified. Thanks!

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago

susiemag73:

What kind of certification are you looking for? NSF (National Sanitation Foundation)?

• susiemag73
    6 years ago

Hi Joseph,

Yes, NSF and Greenguard. Just want to know that it is safe for my family. Thanks!

Susie

• PRO
    Business_Name_Placeholder
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Good morning @Quartzmaster. Do you have any photos of Calacutta Vagli installed? (or at the very least pictures of the slabs?) I will have long countertops and backsplashes and need to get a sense of the movement in it. That said, can I count on the movement being the same for a slab I purchase? Or do I need to see my particular slabs in person to know that. Thanks!

• Lingjie Tang
    6 years ago

Anyone have QM cararra finished kitchen picture?

• MaWizz
    6 years ago

gdgrules love that bath! i see you used the calacutta borghini with a white cabinet base would you say the borghini has more of a white base or cream?

rachel p and mk10510 its very pretty on your islands too. same question do you think more white base or cream?

• PRO
    User
    6 years ago

It is awesome to see this forum grow into a place where both professionals and homeowners can share ideas! HG Stones has over a quarter of a century's experience in providing premium natural stone and engineered stone surfaces. Click here to learn more about us or if you want to peruse through some of the projects we have done, check out our instagram!

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    6 years ago

I find it interesting that in an earlier comment it was mentioned that the slabs are stored outside. However immediately below is an answer from QM about whether their quartz can be used outside. I don't believe 93% quartz and 7% resin is the amount used in Breton technology. When I spoke to another company which makes quartz in China, I was told that they use the Samsung method and that it is not heated to the high degree that the Breton technology uses. I chose not to purchase the quartz made in China.

Can Quartz Master be used outdoors?

Please note that outdoor use of our products is not covered
    by our Lifetime Warranty. Quartz Master’s products have not been tested under
    prolonged exposure to UV rays. Unfortunately, installing our products outdoors
    will render our Lifetime Warranty null and void.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago

Walnut Creek:

If an engineered stone is resinated, as are all the Bretons, it can't even be stored outside, let alone installed there.

You want an engineered deadly accurate glossy marble look alike that you can use outside because it has no resin?: www.geoluxe.com

You'll have to waive your no-Asian rule though.

• longislandmomoftwo
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks for the geoluxe link Joseph Corbett! Have you you worked with it? Does it fabricate well? Can it take fancy edges like an ogee, or is this like a neolith product where the edge has to be mitred?

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago

"Have you you worked with it?"

No.

"Does it fabricate well?"

I assume so.

"Can it take fancy edges like an ogee, or is this like a neolith product where the edge has to be mitred?"

Unlike the sintered products, the color goes all the way through 3cm Geoluxe so ogee and other fancy edges aren't a problem.

• longislandmomoftwo
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks for the info!

• Roz David
    5 years ago

We installed Pental Quartz Calacutta Italia in our bathroom. It has a pure white base with grey veining. We love it!

longislandmomoftwo thanked Roz David
  • longislandmomoftwo
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Very nice - thank you for posting!