SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancy200

Knobs or Handles on Shaker Cabinets? Paint color?

Nancy200
12 years ago

Hi-I am a newbie here and love to read the questions. Now I have one of my own! It has been a year in the planning and I am SO tired of making decisions! My cabinets are in the garage waiting for installation, countertop is ordered, tile is ordered - now it's paint color and knobs or handles to decide on!!

I will have shaker natural maple but it's a light caramel color, not the blondish finish. The tiles are cream with a light veining of darker caramel. I am putting a small metalic (caramel, silver, black,cream and taupe)moasic border 2 tiles up from the countertop, running around the 2 walls of my kitchen where the cabinets are.

My question is - do I put knobs or handles on the doors? I think I will use the simple bar type handle,if I use them, on the doors. I have seen it both ways. Oh - stainless to match my appliances. I will also be having 2 base cabinets with drawers, not doors so they will definitely need handles.

Also - any suggestions on color - I am thinking of either light gold or cream (I'm a chicken when it comes to colors - I always seem to end up with a white or neutral!! I would appreciate any thoughts!! Thanks!

Comments (23)