SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blackeyedpeas

Adventures in soapstone. Lots of pics

blackeyedpeas
16 years ago

This past weekend we were able to drive down to Punta Gorda and meet FloridaJoshua and FloridaMimi of Creative Soapstone. What a treat! These two are a joy and their place is amazing. Joshua spent quite a bit of time with DH giving him a soapstone 101 lesson (since we are DIY) and Mimi and I got to walk around and check out all their slabs, samples, sinks and what not. I was drooling the whole time and if it wasn't for the fact that we had already picked out our stone I might still be there trying to pick out my favorite.

Josh and Mimi got us loaded up and the long drive home began.

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
DH couldn't wait to get his hands on the stone so Monday evening after work we headed over to the house to start cutting.

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
I helped DH carry these HEAVY pieces in the house(I was pretty proud of myself) and we set them on the counter. This is only the first fitting(and only one side of the kitchen), they will have to come off and have some more trimmed of the front but here they are.

{{!gwi}}
{{!gwi}}
This is a close-up of the stone, Black Venata without oil. I'm not allowed to do that until all the work is finished although I did get to see parts of it oiled when we were in Fl and it is beautiful!

{{!gwi}}
I can hardly believe that I got soapstone, for so long I thought it was just a pipe dream.LOL I do have to admit that I kept rubbing my hands on the slabs wondering what the big deal was all about, that is until DH sanded a section of the counter and then, at that moment I knew. I WILL NOT be able to keep my hands off this stuff!

I hope we will finish this weekend, DH is out of town for a meeting :-( I will post more pictures then.

Comments (13)