SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fillagirl_gw

Would you do this? re: Interior Designer

fillagirl
11 years ago

Hi, I am updating my LR and DR. I am not doing a major renovation, what I am doing is replacing the flooring, the furniture (in both rooms including sofa, chairs, tables, and dining room suite), choosing new paint and new draperies and accessories. I know what feel I am looking for (classic, elegant, soft, neutral) and have torn pictures out of magazines and off Houzz website that I like.

I hired an ID for an initial consult that lasted 2 hours and cost $250. She had some good ideas and I believe understands where I want to go. I like her but feel her taste might be a bit more "modern" than mine, but again, maybe I'm not up-to-date on what is current. She's came for another visit (1 hr) and did a bit of research on room ideas. I have not verbally committed to work with her at this point, but have not said that to her.

I went to another store to get carpet samples and ran into another ID that my friend used and really liked. Now I am thinking that perhaps I should hire her for a consult, to see what her ideas might be.

I am thinking that a) I will get more ideas but afraid that b) that will make me even more indecisive....(the reason I hired an ID in the first place).

Have you ever been in this situation - what did you do? If you haven't, what would you do???

Thanks for weighing in, I'm really trying to move this project forward sooner than later!

Comment (1)