SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

Why can't we have English Tech Support?

secsteve
16 years ago

I'm going to rant here a bit and I apologize if it's a bit long.

I'm so tired of having to deal with tech support (for whatever product, washers, computers, etc.) that I could scream. Latest incident was when I called the Mac Tech support. The woman seemed to understand what I was talking about or so I thought. As the conversation went on I realized she had no idea of what I was dealing with. The kicker came when she gave me a "support" number for a particular computer program I was trying to install on the Mac. The "support" number turned out to be a warehouse in California! What?!?!!

We constantly hear about how bad the economy is and this type of our sourcing certainly can't be helping. What I'd give to be able to talk to someone who A. Understood my problem; B. If they didn't could at least refer me to someone who did and C. Talked English well enough so that I didn't constantly have to ask what they said repeated or repeat myself a hundred times.

If those in power really want to help the economy, I suggest they start by having ANY type of phone support based in the U.S. and not overseas. Of course, the big businesses wouldn't go for that as all they care about is the $$$$.

What good is all that $$$ if you are losing customers because of lousy support?

Comments (6)