SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tracey63_gw

Water left in dishwasher

14 years ago

Before I go pulling out hoses as I am not that handy I was hoping for your thoughts. After using the dishwasher the last two weeks I have noticed water that will not drain. I removed the filters and cleaned them (we have hard water and they did have a lot of scale. I checked the pump inlet to be sure it wasn't clogged (little fan wheel was moving for lack of a better explanation). I then used one of the dishwasher cleaners you use to remove scale (is placed in the dishwasher and run it at highest temperatue). This did help, less water is standing but the water has not drained completely as it was previously doing.

I rechecked the filter and it is fine. I was able to siphon the water out with a large pipette (turkey baster) and it sounded as though the water was being pulled from a hose.

I am assuming there may be a clog in the large gray flextype looking line that goes to behind the bottom of the sink. The other line is smaller and clear and I assuming that is the water inlet. The dishwasher is an ASCO.

Any suggestions as to if I am on the right track and how to clear the line would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Tracey

Comments (5)