SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjr220

Supersteel/brushed steel pulldown faucet. Less fingerprints?

rjr220
14 years ago

I believe that perhaps I have made the last somewhat major decision regarding the kitchen stuff (I'm sure many of you are thinking that I am very naive. Probably true).

DH has come to the light and sees the beauty of the Grohe K4, that it isn't too tall, and extends farther into the Stages 45 sink that other faucets. (Cardboard mockups were helpful in this exercise) "It's kind of like a piece of art," he stated, after mulling it over for a week.

So now, the question is to get the Starlight chrome, or is it worth the extra 100 bucks to get the Supersteel finish? This faucet will be handled and pulled down everyday, versus our current old chrome Moen that is just positioned over the sink. Does the pull down Chrome collect fingerprints and smudges? Does the Stainless hide them? I'm not worried about matchy matchy -- my pulls are satin nickel, the trim on the pendants (2 above the sink) are polished chrome, sink is Stainless.

So, does the steel hide the marks, and is the $100 bucks worth it? If you had it to do over, what would you do?

Comments (6)