SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

Help! Bathroom remodel vanity and lighting

juddgirl2
12 years ago

This is a x-post from the bath forum.

Help! I'm over thinking my bathroom remodel. This was supposed to be a simple gut and replace but I'm now having trouble with figuring out vanity mirrors and lighting.

This is my UGLY back bathroom. We're taking it down to the studs and replacing with new tub, 70' wide built-in stained Shaker maple vanity w/2 sinks (not sure yet whether oval or rectangular), granite countertop, ivory travertine floors and subway tiled shower.

We already replaced the window, which will have Craftsman-style trim. The recessed lighting will be replaced and updated but I'd also like to have task lighting if possible.

I bought 2 Pottery Barn oval pivot mirrors (linked below) and 3 PB Mercer sconces to use over the vanity. Now I'm having second thoughts and considering using another large wall-mounted mirror but framed in wood to match the vanity.

With the oddly placed window, I wonder if 2 oval mirrors and 3 sconces (1 in the middle and 1 on each side) will just look too crowded. I'm also concerned that it won't offer enough mirror space to be functional. On the other hand, would a wall mounted mirror look too dated even if framed?

So - 2 single mirrors or one large framed or unframed mirror? If a wall mounted mirror, should it be wall to wall and down to the back splash or leave some wall space on all sides?

Also, any suggestions on the sconces? I've seen them mounted on the mirror itself which might be an option given the limited wall space on either side of the sinks.

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pottery Barn Mirror

Comments (16)