SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dixiedoodle_gw

Hills Science Diet

dixiedoodle
16 years ago

Hi, I normally reside at the building a house forum, but I have a pet question today. My 7 year old female cat was diagnosed with a really bad urinary tract infection today. She was given 2 weeks worth of antibiotics and a complete diet change. I had been feeding both of my indoor cats "Iams Hairball & Weight Control for Indoor Cats." My vet suggested a change to the Hills C/D or S/O formulation. But, the biggest change is that he wants me to feed both of my cats moist, canned food now rather than the dry food. He said that there have been studies that show that the moist food does a better job of providing the protein that is most like a cats natural diet. Has anyone else heard this? I trust my vet, but I wanted to solicit some other opinions before I completely change their routines...they have been free feeders for the past 7 years, I just don't know how well they'll adapt to a set feeding schedule. My vet said that it was my decision, but that in his opinion the moist food is better for them and the cats will like it more. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Comments (5)