SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justnotmartha

electrician will be here in 7 hours - help!

justnotmartha
15 years ago

Photobucket is having some very untimely site maintenance (obviously they didn't clear it with me and my midnight kitchen panic schedule!) so I can't post a pic, but here is my urgent dilemma, part 1:

The electrical is fried (ha ha, that's funny after midnight) and it will be about $1000 over budget to run all new wire. So, I'm trying to warm to the idea of leaving the cans in their existing places and just changing out the actual housing/trim. Problem to me is the layout - it's so. . . square! Here is a weird attempt at a layout pic - two walls, C for cans. C/P is a can, possible pendant. (needed the dots to keep them spaced to post) The cans are well spaced in the room and centered nicely, but is it just too precise and . . . square?!?

I

I........C...............C.................C

I

I

I........C...............C.................C

I

I

I........C...............C/P...............C/P

Part 2: The new island is under the two C/P's. It will not have an eating area; sink, DW and drawers on the kitchen facing side, and cabs/open shelving on the living room facing side. I've always envisioned cute schoolhouse pendants hanging over the island when it would have an eating bar, but now I'm thinking pendants could be rather goofy without one, especially if I keep the layout above.

So the questions to answer in the next 7 hours:

1) leave the configuration as it is or no?

2) pendants over the non-eat on island? If yes, will they look off using the current configuration?

Please excuse the rambling . . . going into design shock . . . been staring at this computer for hours. . . starting to panic . . . :-)

Comments (5)