SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brooksideiris

Urgently Need Help re: Farm Sink

brooksideiris
16 years ago

My languid kitchen remodel hit the front burner today. DS & wife are moving home first of May (DIL's eyesight is failing); DS's contractor came with him today to assess my kitchen (surprise!), plans to be here Saturday at 7 AM (SURPRISE!!). Suddenly I must buy a kitchen sink (DS is the only one who believes it will be here by Saturday).

I've spent all afternoon and evening sink-shopping. Everyfaucet.com has the Herbeau sink I have long coveted at a good price, with free shipping ending today. But I've discovered Westbrass makes a quartz farm sink--hadn't known about quartz apron sinks before--which claims to be indestructible. Now I'm vacillating! I don't love the Westbrass like I do the Herbeau--nor have I seen it in person (in the photo, it looks glaringly white, and its walls look awfully thin). But I've read here of fireclay sinks chipping and cracking. DS, bless him, is not gentle in the kitchen, and DIL--well, things break. Am wondering if I should give up on the fireclay in favor of quartz.

This is likely to be the last sink I'll buy. I always intended for that Herbeau sink to be my kitchen's "bling" item. It's hard to let that go.

I must make a decision now. Neither sink will be here by Saturday, but soon thereafter would be good! I'm guessing that even if I opted for HD's Pegasus apron sink, it wouldn't make it here by Saturday. Does anybody know if Herbeau currently has any shipping delays? Has anybody seen or have an opinion about the Westbrass, or quartz farm sinks in general, assuming there are others? Is anybody familiar with Westbrass? For that matter, does anyone have experience ordering from everyfaucet.com?

Thank you thank you thank you for any help you can give me.

Comments (8)