SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

What makes a bedroom cozy?

Oakley
12 years ago

This has been on my mind since I started Pinning. lol. Do any of you have a bedroom that you find cozy? If so, what is it about the room that gives you a cozy feeling?

Our MB isn't all that big but I find it cozy. I'm wondering if it's because of the size of the room? And patchwork quilts.

While I've seen many beautiful large bedrooms, they don't seem cozy. Not because furniture is matchy-matchy because I like that in a bedroom.

We have a twin bed in each of our guest bedrooms, but there's also 3 computers with their own desk in one, and the other room has floor to ceiling bookshelves along with filing cabinets for my DH.

I would LOVE to get rid of the nice queen bed in our MB and put in two matching antique style twin beds! But DH would firmly, and rightly so, put his foot down.

Anyone here have double twin beds in a room? I just find them to be the epitome of coziness, especially if they have matching quilts, and a rug inbetween.

Sorry to ramble but it stinks that I know this one dream of mine won't come to fruition. :(

Comments (38)

• natal
    12 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I just had a flashback to TV sitcoms in the 50s. I slept in a twin bed once. It was a guest room and it made practical sense, but I can't imagine wanting that for a master bedroom.

• porkandham
    12 years ago

So, if a couple stays with you, do they have to sleep in separate rooms?

I used to have antique twins (2) in my guest room, but now they belong to YDS, and there's a queen in the guest room. I love those twin beds! I used to sleep in them at my grandmother's when I would visit as a child. She had inherited them from her aunt. I'm thrilled that she left them to me.

I have no desire to have twins in the master. We enjoy our king sized bed too much! I think cozy means different things to different people. I like all the bedrooms in our house. They're warm and inviting, (to me) even though each has a different look.

• Related Discussions

What makes a bedroom a bedroom?

Q

Comments (7)
    Thanks, I checked the building code and I don't think it counts as a bedroom. The key concept in the code is that it needs to be enclosed, which would be easy enough to do if we had to, but then there are rules about close proximity to a bathroom and the only bathroom on the floor is the master bath and you have to go through the master bedroom to get to the master bath. I don't think that would fit the rules. I think it would be considered a bonus room or a den. I'm still debating about the appraisal. I can get a independent appraisal done for $200. The bank that currently holds our first mortgage charges $475 for the appraisal for a refinance. I don't want to pay that much to be told that the property hasn't rebounded enough. It may be worth it to me to pay $200 for an opinion on the current value.
    ...See More

8’ or 9’ ceiling for the cozy T.V. room next to master bedroom?

Q

Comments (7)
    Ditto. One room with 8’ ceilings in a house of 9’ ceilings is odd to me. But, I have and love 10’ ceilings so I might not be the best one to ask. :) I do think you can make a room feel cozy with the type of furnishings and window treatments.
    ...See More

My bedroom lacks coziness

Q

Comments (15)
    Looks like your ceiling is the same color as the walls...right? I would paint the ceiling white for starters. Taller, slimmer lamps and a pretty quilted bedspread....maybe white or some sort of design with light green in it to match your walls. Get drapes to match or just leave the white sheers. Do you have room for a bench at the end of your bed? Or a chair in the corner to sit on to remove your shoes? Another thing might be to get mirrored night stands for a little bling...if budget allows. Then, some pretty artwork over your bed and done.
    ...See More

How to Outfit This Cozy Bedroom?

Q

Comments (9)
    What a magical room Cam Cam! If you want a full sized bed and not a twin, then ditto Ya Ya and gmreid. The right side of the mural wall can have the dresser and bookcase side by side. The dresser could also go on the plain wall beside the closet. If you curtain the window wall the bookcase can go between the bed and the closet, with the nightstand on the other side. I would not want the headboard against the mural wall because then she can't see it. But this would create more space when you go in. You are well on your way! I would not mind seeing a window treatment that pulls from a color in the mural. Keep us posted!
    ...See More
  • My3dogs ME zone 5A
    12 years ago

Sorry - couldn't resist! In my house, the beds are covered by sheets due to the cozy factors...

• tinam61
    12 years ago

I would never want twin beds. Not even in our guest room. I agree with porkandham - cozy is different to everyone.

I love our bedroom. To us, it is soothing while still cozy. Our room is a good size and we are able to have a "reading corner" in there. I'm on the look for a new chair and ottoman to go in that corner. Not sure what I'm going to do with the chair I have in there now! We have wood pieces and an iron bed. Nothing matches. The wood pieces are antique and all the same type wood. We have matelasse bedding with a solid quilted like coverlet at the end of the bed. Toile euro shams. The colors in the room are creme, shades of aqua and a tannish/gold color. Candle glow (my name for the paint shade) on the walls. Master bath is the same paint and while there is nothing matching in there - I used the same colors.

We love our queen bed and have even considered a king, but right now I don't want to give up the iron bed. LOL Some of the things that make our room feel cozy to us are fabrics including pillows and drapes, personal memotos used as accessories, old wood, texture (old baskets, including an old wicker suitcase on top of the armoire and a burlap lumbar size pillow).

I like to sit in the corner chair and read while hubby surfs on his laptop. LOL

tina

• natal
    12 years ago

Twins in a guest room are practical for people who don't typically sleep together. If your only guests are couples then it wouldn't matter.

• Fun2BHere
    12 years ago

Warm colors, fluffy bedding and relaxed style evoke coziness for me in a bedroom. I like to have a comfortable chair where I can read a book or watch television. I want down-filled, squishy pillows and a warm throw. I love to have windows that look out onto a pretty view and open to let in the sound of birds singing. I would love to have a fireplace in winter, but settle for candles flickering.

• ttodd
    12 years ago

I did have 2 matching twin beds in our boys bedroom before they got a bunk. DH wanted to sell the twin beds and I said not a chance! They are antique maple canon ball beds. They had a bureau in between and a nice round wool rug. The colors were red, white, blue and tan. 1 boy had a striped quilt in those colors, the other had a patchwork quilt in those colors. Such a cozy room! We would sit on the floor w/ our backs resting on the beds and read to eachother before bed. I look forward to recreating something similar in a guest room someday or when the boys have their own rooms.

• tinam61
    12 years ago

I take that back foxes. I MIGHT want twin beds in a guest room - because I do like the look of matching twin beds. My guest room now is decorated mainly for looks rather than function as it is rarely (and I do mean rarely) used. In the 15 years we lived here only a couple has used it and my sister and one friend (alone), so we really have no need for twin beds, but love the sound of foxes room.

• jab65
    12 years ago

For years we had a king-sized bed, which we loved. For the last several years, we've had twin beds because of DH's acid reflux and desire to have his bed on a REALLY high angle. Definitely not cozy-looking. My bed has a very thick mattress. so the beds are level at the top but not the bottom. Don't want to hijack this post, but I've tried everything to make this look good--separate comforters just looked weird and now we have a king-sized comforter pulled over it all during the day. Still ugly. Any tips for me? Maybe I should pull the beds apart with a table between and go back to the separate comforter/bedspread? Really miss nighttime snuggling in the bed. Sigh

• Oakley
    Original Author
    12 years ago

All guests, single or couples, get the master bedroom w/bath.

I know cozy means different things but that's why I did this topic, to see what makes a bedroom cozy to you.

Here's a room I like a lot.

{{gwi:1636058}}

As a young girl and a teen, I paid close attention to my friend's bedrooms, and mine. Mine was huge, had three walk-in closets, wood floors, it's own sitting area, etc. I had a double bed with a set of twin beds on the other side of the room. It made for great slumber parties. lol.

BUT..I remember admiring my girlfriends bedroom's more, because they were smaller. Lamps in a small room gives off better ambience at night, IMO. And I'm all about ambience for some reason. lol

• tinam61
    12 years ago

That is a cute room, but not what I'd want for a married couple. (Love those beds!!)

Our guest room has an adjacent bath - so that works out well.

Jab - My grandparents had the same dilema you do. They first had twin beds that you could put together as a king. They hated the "crack". There is a foam thing that goes down in the crack - haven't seen one in years though. They finally got one of those beds that is on one frame but split and you can raise/lower the heads, has massage, heat, etc. It is a king size bed. They slept in that for several years before my grandfather passed away. My grandmother would snooze away while he was raised up on his side, watching baseball!! LOL

tina

• sis2two
    12 years ago

Oakleyok- I have struggled with my bedroom feeling cozy and I truly believe it's because it's a rather large room. I have a queen size bed, not a king and a fireplace but still it just doesn't have that cozy factor. My walls are gray wisp and that too may add to the feeling not being warm. I just can't put my finger on it. I don't have window treatments up because I love my windows bare. And I have an oriental rug, but still somethings missing. I too love a room with twin beds and love the picture you posted.

• luckygal
    12 years ago

My bedroom is very cosy for me as it's cottage style with several different patterned fabrics, soft blankets, good pillows, 2 upholstered chairs, lighting for tasks and mood and no overhead lighting, warm paint color, area rugs, privacy WT's, and a good lock on the door! :-D It's large enough but not too large. I do think size plays a huge role in how cosy a room will look. Many homes these days are not to human scale and it's difficult to make them cosy.

One of our 3 guest rooms has 2 twin beds and there are 2 family groups that ask for those when they visit. Personally I really dislike twin beds but they work for some people. Queen size is my fav and that's what my bedroom and the other 2 guest rooms have. IMO a Queen size bed is the cosiest size for either one or 2 people - not to big and not too small!

Private bathrooms are wonderful and while only the Master Bedroom has an ensuite in this house, there are 3 other bathrooms and 3 other bedrooms so we've never had a problem no matter how many guests are here.

• natal
    12 years ago

Jab, my in-laws had an adjustable queen bed with separate controls for each side. When the bed was made it looked like a normal bed.

• porkandham
    12 years ago

Oakleyok - Those beds you posted are really pretty!

Here are my twins. There's no rug between the beds, but there's a small oriental rug we bought in Greece on our honeymoon between the foot of the beds and the dresser.

{{gwi:1636059}}

I think ODS's room is warm and cozy as well.

{{gwi:1636060}}

• dawnp
    12 years ago

Pork and Ham,

I LOVE those rooms. Very Cozy!

• Oakley
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Tina, I wasn't at all serious about putting twin beds in the master, I was just thinking out loud.

Sis, you could be right. I think the more furniture and area rugs, along with a colorful quilt may help. But not too cramped. Now this is just my opinion, but when I see a lot of decorative pillows on a bed, it gives the room a more former feel to it, because they "can't be out of place." I think we should be able to lay on the bed feeling like we're not disturbing it.

I still want a bigger bedroom, but not too big. lol. Lynninnewmexico has a large and cozy bedroom. Maybe if she's around she'll post the picture again.

• celticmoon
    12 years ago

I'm doing 2 guest bedrooms in the Florida nest, one a queen and one a pair of twins. My brothers and nephews won't want to share a bed. And I can try for the cozy look of twins in these pix.

My plan is to push the twins together when my guests are all couples. I was thrilled to score twin and king duvet covers in the same light linen (thank you Goodwill and Ebay!). Shouldn't be too hard to push one bed closer and switch out the matress pad and linens.

Am I missing something?

• User
    12 years ago

I think our master bedroom is cosy for several reasons. We have a fireplace, we have 2 bedside lamps that give off lovely light. We have these wonderful lights built in to the headboard...they can be on 3 different brightnesses and are very romantic. Lots of lovely fluffy down bedding . Warm terra cotta walls. Oriental rug with old patina heart pine floors. 3 huge windows with lace curtains so the play of light in the AM is so pretty and then as the day goes by it changes but is always beautiful. Windows can be open and there are plenty of birds and the gardenias are right outside these windows so very fragrant too. We have a queen and don't care for king size...too big.

We have 3 guest rooms. All have queen beds. We never have anyone visit that needs twins. The downstairs room has its own bath and is so cozy as it looks out to the pool and the back garden and has lots of wide white molding and soft peach walls...large windows and looks like a room in the French Quarter.

The 2 rooms upstairs have one bath for them both. They are cozy as it becomes an entire suite/sitting area since they can have the whole upstairs when a family comes. Works great. The ceilings are sloped since it is an attic conversion which makes it very cozy. DH and I move up there many times in the winter where it is warm and quiet and the views over the treetops are so pretty. Feels like a tree house.

I love reading what everyone feels is cozy...makes me want to visit :) c

• Susan
    12 years ago

i think my room is cozy. it's not huge but a good size at 14x24.
    the three exterior walls are all windows,and they are hung floor to ceiling with gold/pink/green panels with pink fringe on the valance bottom. the walls are a deep green and the cathedral ceiling off white with dark stained ceiling beams. the floor is golden cork and all of the furniture is dark.
    soon i'm adding a white corner fireplace and white built in wardrobe wall. i also have two forest green chenille recliners at the foot of the bed---the comforter matches the curtains with a soft pink wool knit blanket on the end of the bed.
    across the room there is a nice rug of greens and pinks to define the desk area.
    i think it is cozy because of the natural light and the colors and the fabric.
    but maybe most importantly we have our bed nestled into the corner and the curtain panels together with the comforter makes me feel embraced by it all.

• loribee
    12 years ago

Oakley...I LOVE that room with the twin beds. Drooled over it for years!
    This was my son's room~ excuse the cell phone pic~
    We put in McCobb twin beds that were in my hubs room growing up.

I recently "redid" our bedroom using an old cranberry and cream toile set that I'd had and never used. I think it's cozy because of the light colors. I'm drawn to cream I guess, lol.

Porkandham...darling rooms!

• Oakley
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Pork&Ham, I forgot to comment on your rooms! Yes, very cozy. And I think it's because of the wood beds that may be old or just look old.

Lori, love those beds! Heck, just give me twin beds NOW. lol.

Your Master is very cozy because 1) it has carpeting which I love in bedrooms, and 2) it's done in my favorite colors! I have SW Tealight in my DR, Kitchen and Utility room, which looks like your walls.

On a side note, if I did have twin beds in a guest room and a couple spent the night, I wouldn't scoot them together. lol

• tinam61
    12 years ago

"I would LOVE to get rid of the nice queen bed in our MB and put in two matching antique style twin beds! But DH would firmly, and rightly so, put his foot down." I didn't realize you were just thinking out loud . . .

Lori - love your bedroom. Very light and airy looking. I also have a large lumbar type pillow on our bed. I have to disagree about pillows looking formal - I guess they could be but ours our not. Our bedroom is a bit on the cottage side. I LOVE pillows - on the sofa, on the bed, here, there, everywhere! LOL Anyone visiting our home knows they can just toss a pillow aside if it is in the way.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    12 years ago

Love the twin bed look, I did that for one of my DD.

My Mbr feels cozy to me. Why? hmm.... it is very uncluttered and neutral colors. It has high ceilings w wood beams ... it was a barn. Lots of texture. Off white clay walls. Wrought iron rusty chandelier. Texture on the floor - faded needlepoint over sisal. Texture in the linens, matelasse, muslin, raw silk. Overstuffed chair and ottoman, fpl.

I think, though, one of the most pleasant things is that it is on the ground floor. I like looking out and seeing trees and stonework. It gives everything a very human scale. I once lived on the 32nd floor, and though the skyline was lovely, it is unsettling to see just empty blue sky ...

• tuesday_2008
    12 years ago

Oakley sounds like you have got the Twin Bed decorating bug. After seeing these pretty rooms with twin beds, I can see why! I have always loved that room you posted with the red gingham. It's been floating around other sites for a few years, so it must be a favorite.

Do you have room in one of your guest rooms to "play with"? If you could find a couple of twin beds, you should be able to create a pretty cozy, country looking room. Even if you don't have overnight guests, you have grandchildren. They would probably love to sleep in a room like that as they get a little older. I see cute twin beds popping up on craigslist all the time. If I had one more bedroom, I would try to "recreate" the red room - just because it is pretty. Love porkandham and loribeee rooms also.

• tinam61
    12 years ago

I think that picture is in a old decorating book or mag I have. Oak - Tuesday's idea is GREAT - why don't you change one of your guest rooms and use two twin beds for the grands? Could also be used for guests if need be.

• lynninnewmexico
    12 years ago

Thanks, Oakley. BTW, I love that room you posted the pic of! As for your question as to what makes a cozy room for each of us, like you've mentioned, it's such a personal thing.

Ours is done in varying shades of white and cream with touches of soft roses and greens. It could have turned out too stark, but the warm brick floor and medium wood of the furniture balances the light colors and keeps it cozy, I think. I helped design our home and how our MBR turned out was one of my most important concerns. It had to be welcoming, beautiful and comfortable during the day and at night. For me (and this is a personal thing) that meant soft, not bold, colors. Comfortable bedding with large enough nightstands on both sides of the bed to hold a book, magazine, reading glasses, a cup of tea and a good reading lamp with 3-way bulb. Lamps elsewhere around the room to create soft warm patches of color & light in the evenings. A tv for watching the morning news as we get ready, but in an armoire so that I didn't have to look at it all the time. It also had to have a few beautiful things to rest our eyes on. I found 2 pretty pieces of art. One is a restful scene which gives us another kind of "window" with a beautiful view to look at. It's in the reading area by our fireplace and directly across from our bed. This entire area is very cozy to sit in and to look at for us:
    {{gwi:1409068}}
    We have a beautiful mountain view so I had a door wall put in to see as much of it as possible.
    {{gwi:1588724}}
    In our previous home, DH had his desk in our MBR. It was a constant irritant for me because of the clutter. For him, it was a constant reminder of work still needing to be done. There was going to be no desk in this new bedroom!
    I had a kiva fireplace built in the corner. I dislike looking at a black hole when it's not lit, so I keep a string of tiny white tree lights draped over the wood in the fp. When we don't have a fire in there I turn on the lights using an inexpensive remote I picked up at Target. With the old brass firescreen in front, it still looks very cozy and romantic.
    {{gwi:1460544}}

I've decluttered the entire fp area after I took that pic! That's another big factor in what makes a cozy room for me, keeping the room visually uncluttered, although not totally devoid of smaller pretties.
    I made another small reading area over in the other corner of our room. As I mentioned in another post, this is also where I sit and iron DH's shirt for the next day. I made the small chandelier and DH added a rheostat to the cord so that I can have brighter light for ironing or reading, but have a cozy, very soft light for the rest of the evening.
    {{gwi:1499187}}
    So that's what makes a cozy room for me: soft colors, soft lighting, comfy bed, no desk, minimal clutter, a few pretty things to look at and a comfy place to read.
    Lynn

• teacats
    12 years ago

I love all of those wonderful photos of twin beds! :) My parents switched to twin beds -- and enjoyed years of more restful sleep! (LOL!)

Oakley -- perhaps if your room is large enough -- would you switch to a king-size bed? That size might work better in the larger space ...

And yes -- "cozy" is certainly a very personal term for each space ... I do adore a cozy bedroom! :)

• happyintexas
    12 years ago

I remember one of the coziest bedrooms ever...we'd been traveling all day and were weary. The B&B put us in the 'tower' room--complete with a bay window. I actually sighed when we went in...it was a family room so a big queen bed with two twins...deep green paint on the lower portions of the walls, a warm rose stripe from the wallpaper, faded patchwork quilts in a matching rose folded at the ends of the beds. Everything else was a soft creamy color.

I've often analyzed why it seemed cozy and welcoming...the big windows? The warm garden colors? The simple clean and coordination of it all? It was relaxed, yet pretty. Comfortable, but a wee bit formal. When I think of cozy bedrooms, I think of that one.

Our master has a garden cottage feel to it with a gothic picket fence head board and green painted walls. There's a comfy chair and ottoman in the corner looking out a window where birds feed and flowers grow. There are books, pillows, lamps, and a TV. It's tidy (wish I could declutter more...) there's a bathroom attached. I've often said if I had a kitchen there, I'd never leave it. lol I guess that says cozy.

• sis2two
    12 years ago

Oakleyok- I have struggled with my bedroom feeling cozy and I truly believe it's because it's a rather large room. I have a queen size bed, not a king and a fireplace but still it just doesn't have that cozy factor. My walls are gray wisp and that too may add to the feeling not being warm. I just can't put my finger on it. I don't have window treatments up because I love my windows bare. And I have an oriental rug, but still somethings missing. I too love a room with twin beds and love the picture you posted.

• andreadeg
    12 years ago

Someone recently referred to my house as "cozy" which I consider to be a huge compliment. I don't want anything, and I mean not one thing, that can't be touched or worried excessively over. To me that means no silk, nothing overly decorated, an attitude of "if the pillows are out of place for a day, it's okay", lots of fabrics.

For a bedroom I think a darker color on the walls helps create that cozy feeling. My bedroom walls are red (kind of a muted dusty cherry red, not bright) and I think that helps make the room cozy. Windows, with the ability to create as much privacy or light as one wants. Lighting that allows for reading in a chir or bed. And a relaxed attitude...very cozy!

• leafy02
    12 years ago

I do think size matters ;-) We used to have a large bedroom, which even with a queen bed, a crib (when our babies were babies)and a sitting area still seemed crazily empty. It was like a skating rink, even with rugs and curtains.

Eventually, we gave it to the children and took their small bedroom for ourselves. Bliss! Nothing fit in there but our bed and dresser, and it was heavenly.

Our room now is not that small, but it's small. I think the mix of materials, the lamps, and the stacks of books on the bedside tables say "cozy" to me.

• User
    12 years ago

We have a fairly large bedroom and we both consider it very cozy. I think cozy is not really a matter of size, but how the space is furnished. If there are comfortable places to sit, to read, to put one's feet up, to write a note or check email when you don't want to go to your office, to step outside to enjoy the weather in a comfortable chair--- to me, this evokes a comfortable, safe feeling that is the epitome of "cozy."

With respect to guest rooms, now that our children are out of the house we have several :) One is a large room with a double bed, a club chair and ottoman, a desk, dressing room and spacious bath. It is off by itself and has its own HVAC zone, so we usually put people there. The other two rooms have two twin beds and one single bed, respectively. We find that this configuration lends itself to a versatile combination of sleeping arrangements. The only thing I would change is to put a double in the room that holds one twin. But since my ,other is the one who uses that room most often and finds the bed very comfortable, we haven't bothered. And since we also have beds downstairs, they're not the only options.

IMO it should not be considered a hardship for a married couple to sleep in twin beds for a few nights. In fact, I find the concern about it sort of odd. After all, it's only a few nights out of years.....right?

• tuesday_2008
    12 years ago

I agree with kswl - do not see twin beds as a hardship for guests occasionally.

We have had a king size bed all our married life (42 years) and I am extremely uncomfortable in a standard full size bed. We get used to our "own space" in the bed. Queen is OK. When we vist DD, her guest room is standard single size and I don't sleep well there. Same when she visits us and goes back to her old standard size bed.

It has been a long time since I have slept on a twin size bed, but I think I would actually prefer it (with good mattresses of course) to be crowded in a regular size bed.

Tuesday

• Oakley
    Original Author
    12 years ago

As much as I would love a room with twin beds, we just don't have the space anymore. I think I mentioned above that one room holds three computers, three desks, and a twin bed. We have to have the computers and desks, although DH has his own office elsewhere.

The other bedroom has a twin bed , floor to ceiling bookshelves, and a few of those tall, metal filing cabinets my DH needs for work.

Oh lord, I just had an idea. I could put the filing cabs in the computer room, and see if I could do the twin bed thing in the other room! What a chore it would be! lol

• tinam61
    12 years ago

Tuesday - I am the same way - it is awful for us to try to sleep in a full-size bed. As for twins for guests, if we were someone's guests and were offered twin beds, of course we would be gracious. It wouldn't be a "hardship" per se, but we much prefer sleeping in the same bed.

• susanka
    12 years ago

We have a king-size bed, which we really like, and don't have much room in our bedroom for more than the bed, chests as nightstands, a pier cabinet, and a chest of drawers. We have pillows with arms for reading in bed. However, we just squeezed in a small upholstered chair which adds so much after-work coziness: I sit there and we talk a bit while DH takes off his flight suit, and he sits there to put his socks on in the morning, etc. Adds a little comfiness and convenience. We have prints on the walls which are meaningful to us, and a deck outside with chairs to enjoy the stars and the view, so it adds up to quite a bit of cozy togetherness.

• work_in_progress_08
    12 years ago

So many great descriptions of the coziness of each posters' MBR. We have a very layered king size cozy bed with 4 down filled sleeping pillows and way too many decorative pillows, lol. I love the wall color which works well with our natural/organic-looking materials. DH isn't into a very feminine room, so we have alot of soft colors without any pink or frou frou. The room has absolutely stunning natural light variations during the day and early evening. We've maximized our private setting by installing very large windows that do not require curtains, blinds or shades. As far as decor, we've no family photos, very minimal decorative items(makes dusting that much easier). It's just a tranquil-feeling room.

I would have to say that hands down, the single largest "cozy" factor in our MBR is that we have a great view when we open our eyes in the morning. Also great if you need/want to spend the day in bed lounging. With huge windows and residing in a secluded wooded area. The MBR has always seemed like a big tree house. When the weather is good and the windows are open, I can hear the birds, smell the wet grass first thing in the morning. So, it is more of a feeling evoked by nature (and my DH) that makes the cozy factor for me.

Love the twins posted by Oakley. If I were a kid again, I would love to live in that room.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County