SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colickyboy

He says-she says on paint color for cream kitchen cabinets..help!

colickyboy
14 years ago

Hi,

This is cross-posted with the Home Decorating forum in case some kitchen forum people don't frequent that HD forum.

My wife and I are getting French Vanilla kitchen cabinets and are torn on what paint color for the kitchen.

Even though the cabinets in this photo are white, I think the paint color in this photo would still go with creamy colored cabinets, so I'd like this for our kitchen:

My wife isn't so sure and thinks it might be better to have the kitchen color be the same as the foyer/hallway/LR color, which we think will be a yellowish color like BM Concord Ivory or Marblehead Gold...something along the lines of buffalotina's kitchen:

{{!gwi}}

My wife says a home will look bigger if the paint color is the same in all the rooms b/c your eye keeps moving. I don't necessarily disagree but I think a yellowish color paint with French Vanilla cabinets might be too much of a similar color family; I prefer more of a contrast.

FWIW, we have a 1911 Arts & Crafts style home that is fairly small (1600 sf).

Do you think the kitchen color should be the same as the foyer/hallway/LR color (yellowish), or is it ok to have the kitchen be something different (greenish) than the foyer/hallway/LR (yellowish)?

Comments (6)