SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
momto4boys_gw

They have their black wall, now what??

momto4boys
16 years ago

Well, I was suckered by my 9 and 11 yr old boys, into a black wall :)

Ok, it's just a chalk wall, lol. But, still.

Now, I don't know what to do with it. I had intended to put posters up, a bookshelf, shelves, etc. Just like I would a regular wall. Let them draw where they found the space. It's a pretty big wall. Although hard to tell just how big from the pics. I can't get far enough away to get a good pic of the whole thing.

I thought about putting all that stuff on the wall, to help break up the black. Now, I rather like the black and kind of wish we'd just used regular paint. Because I know once they write on it, it's going to be a big, ol' mess.

We bought a black bookcase and black floating shelves. I now can't find white floating shelves anywhere, OR a white bookcase that I like. My mother's answer to everything..paint it. I hate to paint new furniture, though. It already has such a nice finish and all.

She also bought them a desk, which is in antique white. For us to...paint black, ugh! I'm still not sold on the desk, so it's yet to put assembled.

The bed will eventually be painted black as well. But, we start many projects around here. Finish few. So, I can't say we'll get to the bed right away. We just switched this room, with another. Gave our small boys the big boy's old room. Put these beds back together. Put up all new bunks, etc. We're just wanting to be done with kid's rooms.

Sooo..do I paint what I have white? Leave them black, even though they'll just dissapear into the wall. Or put nothing there and let them have the whole wall to draw on????

Thanks!!

Oh, and that's my grandpa's old console tv, that they love and cherish :) He passed away, and my mother gave it to them. They have no desire to replace it with another :)

desk will go here

Comments (13)