SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizziebethtx

would porcelain tile that looks like wood make a good countertop

lizziebethtx
14 years ago

I remember reading at some point a discussion about porcelain tile that looks like wood that had been used in a couple of bathrooms. We are doing a kitchen and initially wanted slab granite but the budget is shot subce we are at the end and we need to settle for tile. I don't want 12 x 12 granite tile as it would be full of grout lines. Daltile has a really nice 24x24 black porcelain body tile called "flashpoint," but it's not quite big enough to span the entire distance of the counter so along the wall there would be smaller tiles to fill the space. I can't stand that thought. I wonder why someone can't make a tile large enough for an entire 24" space so you could have just a few big tiles and a few grout lines to create a top. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone thought that tiles that look like wood would be a good countertop. The grout lines would be more expected because of the way wood is cut for flooring. Just wonder if it's a GOOD option as opposed to just an option. Thanks. I think a really good looking wood tile that is dark could make a pretty counterop.

Comments (12)